21 July 2016

Clock Flower Journal Pages

Morning, peeps!  I don't often do journalling, but I was in the mood for a little painty play recently.
I started off by dragging some Dylusions Paints across the double page spread using a credit card.  Lemon Zest, Vibrant Turquoise, White Linen, and London Blue around the edges.
Added a bit of stencilling in White Linen and Squeezed Orange using Tim Holtz stencils, and while the sponge applicator was still loaded with Squeezed Orange I made three circles.
When the circles were dry I outlined them and drew stems and leaves with a black Derwent Inktense pencil, then smudged it with a damp paintbrush, and added white highlights with a Sakura gelly roll pen.  I overstamped the circles with the clock image from Tim Holtz Curiosities set using Ranger Archival Jet Black ink.
I finished the pages off by adding a sentiment, butterflies and a border with a Finnabair stamps.
Thanks for taking a look, and enjoy your day!

Shirley x

2 comments:

Helen said...

Love the spread! I haven't used my Dylusion paints in so long... soon as the weather cools down I'm going to.

Craftyfield said...

Lovely page! Feel the need to get painty...